You found Federico Ponzi's home page!
I'm a computer scientist and a software engineer interested in the intersection of Distributed Systems and Operating Systems.
I currently work as a Software Development Engineer at AWS CloudFront on the Regional Edge Caches. In chronological order, I've also worked in the following roles:
- Big Data Engineer @ Immobiliare.it
- Freelance Mobile and Web developer (for different customers)
- Big Data Engineer @ Altran spa (now Capgemini spa)
- Distributed Systems Engineer @ Actyx AG
- Systems Development Engineer @ Aws TechOPS team (Incident management for amazon.com)
These days, my favorite programming languages are Rust, Java, Python. As I try to use the best tool for the job, I also know other programming and scripting languages as well.
I hold a master degree in Computer Science. During my studies, I've also published a paper on biometric systems.
Lately, I like to spend my free time reading papers/books, programming side projects in Rust, physical exercising or hiking.
To dig further, here are some links: Twitter, Mastodon, Linkedin, Github
You can reach out via email using x@y where x is "me" and y is this domain.
Sometimes, I like to write articles for my blog.